16 January 2011

Paris Hotel Recommendation - Campanile Paris XV

Related posts:
- Top 12 Paris (minus my food adventure) -
- What to Eat in Paris -



"che said...

thank you for sharing your photos and will include it to my must-visit places


what hotel did you stay? i'm searching for a hotel- 3 days in Paris but it's quite expensive. do you have any recommendation? thanks"

The above comment made me so happy because it's the first time a visitor of this blog sought for a recommendation. As a sign of gratitude, I decided to make an entire review of the hotel where I stayed. I believe the hotel also deserves this because I am according it a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED rating. Please note that my HIGHLY RECOMMENDED rating is mainly on value-for-money. There are lots of glitzy hotels in Paris but they surely come with glaring prices. Even if you have the money to spend on fancy hotels, I'm sure you wouldn't mind spending that on shopping or dining instead.

Paris is such an expensive city partially because it is the world's most popular tourist destination with an estimated 27 million visitors per year (think of law of supply and demand). Although it is the world's most popular destination, it is very hard to find "value-for-money" accommodations. While I was researching for my Euro Trip, I encountered a lot of Paris hotel horror stories. Luckily, I stumbled upon a two-star hotel named Campanile Paris XV located at 30 Rue Saint Charles, 15th Arr., 75015 Paris. (Note that there are several Campanile Hotels in Paris)

Now, here are the reasons why Campanile Paris XV got its HIGHLY RECOMMENDED rating:

1. Strategic Location - The hotel is just two to three blocks from the Metro Station. It is walking distance from the Eiffel Tower, which is very visible if you step outside of the hotel.


2. Relatively Cheap - If you've been scouting for accommodations in Paris, I'm sure you would agree that this is already cheap. If you find a cheaper deal, it is most likely that the hotel is either remotely located (Campanile XV is within central Paris and is walking distance from Eiffel) or dirty (yes, I've read a lot of Paris Hotel Horror Stories).

Price I paid: USD94/night or USD282 for 3 nights (April 2 to April 5, 2010)

3. Spotlessly Clean - It's not a fancy hotel but I can vouch for it's cleanliness. 

 



Some other images:

View from my room

The buffet breakfast area (Having a "free" buffet breakfast means that your room will cost more... It's not free after all! I decided to opt out because I wanted to eat as much local food)




Points for consideration: 

Here are some of the things which you may set you back from Campanile Paris XV. But personally, I don't mind them:

1. Very small elevator - This is common in Paris because each square meter is very expensive. I think the elevator will only fit two to three people. If you have a luggage with you, I think it's only good for one.

2. Narrow hallways - Same logic as above... making the most out of every square meter

My seal of confidence: I will book in this hotel again given the chance to go back to Paris!

12 comments:

  1. uyyyy thanks so much for posting it quickly. I will consider it. I'll be visting Paris on March 31-april 3 2011, almost same date as yours last year. What was the weather there last year?

    thanks again!

    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was still cold that time so if you're going up the eiffel, make sure to equip yourself with a scarf, gloves and thick jackets.. i even had thermals. it can also get rainy so make sure to have an umbrella or raincoat with you. don't expect the flowers to be in full bloom yet since it's just early spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks turista. i'll take note your tips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post! inspiring... i've been wanting to go to paris and barcelona :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi...Your post really got me thinking man..... an intelligent piece ,I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi... that was great stuff.. I really like reading on this subject Could you tell me more on that... I love to explore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paris hotels are famous fro its service, cleanness and hospitality. They always tries to provide best service to each and every customers.

    Pousada no litoral Paulista

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi...Your post really got me thinking man..... an intelligent piece,I must say. Find great information about..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review! I am deciding between 2 hotels and I think your information will help me decide to go for this one. Thanks also for posting the pictures, that is very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. could the hotel accommodate 4 pax per room? hoping for your fast reply. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think they have rooms that can accommodate four persons as it is one of the options in their website (http://www.campanile-paris-tour-eiffel.fr/en/index.aspx). might be best if you check with the hotel directly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my family's going to paris this october 2013. we're 7 (all adults). what other cheap hotel would you recommend? :D

    ReplyDelete