20 April 2011

Holland's Tulips at the Keukenhof Garden (How to Go and What to See)

Related post: I didn't expect to like Amsterdam that much... but I did... here's why (Sights to see in Amsterdam)


My first trip to Europe was in Spring so I felt obliged to see the famous Dutch tulips in full bloom. As such, I decided to include Amsterdam in my "must-visits" and go to the Keukenhof Garden from there.

The route I took was to go to Amsterdam's Sloterdijk Station and get a train ride to Leiden Central Station whose roundtrip fare costs EUR14.70 (Php900). 


 


In Leiden, I bought a "Combikaart" costing EUR21 (Php1,260) which included roundtrip transfers between the Leiden Central Station and Keukenhof, as well as the entrance to the garden itself. I suggest getting the Combikaart to avoid having to fall in line in the entrance or run out of tickets for that matter. 


 


Trust me, it was worth the effort and cost! You want an evidence? Check out the pictures below:


 

 


 

 

 














 




Aside from the tulips, you also get to see some other things which Holland/Netherland's is famous for:




 

In short, if you're going to Europe or the Netherlands during Spring, please do yourself a favor, and visit the Keukenhof Garden (or any similar attraction) which will allow you to check out Holland's famous tulips in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment